Dental Implants Treatment
A dental implant is a titanium post (like a tooth root) that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line that allows your dentist to mount replacement teeth or bridge into that area. An implant doesn’t come loose like a denture can. Dental implants also benefit general oral health because they do not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges.
WHY DENTAL IMPLANTS?
One can face the problem of missing teeth at any point in life. Tooth loss can be due to trauma, accident, severe gum disease, tooth decay or even due to poor oral hygiene. If left untreated missing teeth can lead to various consequences such as:
- Speech problems resulting from the gap created by one or more missing teeth
- Difficulty in chewing
- The face may start to look older and wrinkled with sunken cheeks as missing teeth can cause sagging of muscles which can’t support lips & cheeks
- Pain in the facial muscles of the jaw resulting in an improper bite induced by the missing teeth
- Tooth decay and gum disease, over time, due to plaque accumulation & food entrapment in the gap caused by the missing teeth
- Improper bite resulting from a tilt of adjacent teeth into the empty spaces caused by a missing tooth
- Untreated missing teeth may dent the facial appearance causing low set-esteem or lack of confidence
- Hiding smile during conversations or at public gatherings to avoid the embarrassment caused by a bad smile from missing teeth